Friday, June 26, 2009

Wait! Wait! It's my birthday, too!

Yesterday was my birthday – it was announced with a thunderstorm in the morning followed by light rain telling me to seize opportunity for growth and renewal. We had had a long day the day before with parenting and work and special programming and a baseball game, so I opted to mostly hang out at home with Mateo. Kevin came home with presents and cake, we ate dinner together and I went to the gym. I got a dremel tool! It was a nice day.

TODAY, though, I dropped Mateo at daycare, ate strawberries by the creek, read a book at the coffee shop, got a massage, came home for a quiet lunch with crosswords, took a nap and went for a swim. Now THAT's what I call a birthday celebration.

So, why the cow? This cow eats in the pasture across the road from our house with some other cows. Every once in a while I catch them in the woods and I love it – it’s like they’re some breed of WILD cows out foraging for food. It hasn’t happened for a while, but it did today. This cow is just heading in…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday my dear.!. It sounds like it was lovely!

Lisa, Bill and XingXing said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had fun.

MadMaddieDog said...

that sounds like a lovely birthday! I hope you are doing well. hugs and kisses angie (fl)