Friday, May 7, 2010

Following Instructions














A few weeks ago, I asked Mateo to dump our popcorn leftovers from the previous night into the “round tray underneath the bird feeders”. The confused look on his face led me to show him from his bedroom window what I was talking about. “Oh, oh, the round thing”, he said. I went back to washing dishes while he headed out the door with the pan. After a while I checked on him through the window. He had dumped the popcorn on the driveway, but was in the vicinity of the feeders and moving it there with his hands. After another while, I checked on him again – this time under the guise of bringing something out to the studio. Upon closer inspection, I saw that he was putting the popcorn, piece by piece, into one of the birdhouse holes. Too cute! In all fairness: the birdhouse entrance IS a round thing. After retreating to the house and giggling, I grabbed the camera.

No comments: