Friday, January 4, 2008

Buzz



"He needs a haircut."

It's one of those opinions people have been sharing freely. Personally, I kind of liked the rock star look Mateo was sporting. He had a toddler mullet happening a couple of months ago which was less acceptable, prompting me to get out the scissors to do some trimming on the back, ever thankful for the little bit of "wave" in his hair that helped hide my inexperience. But as of late his hair had been flopping over his ears and into his eyes - little did I know how upsetting this is to some folks. My stylist recommended waiting to get his first "real" haircut until he could "sit still with a lollipop". That could be years! So today I got out the trimmer and buzzed away: fearful at first, then "oh, that's not bad", then cringing somewhere in the middle (what have I done?!), and finally coming to realize that he is (of course) still quite cute.
He does look older - no wonder I was procrastinating - but that's inevitable, right? He'll always be our little potato.

No comments: