Tuesday, January 12, 2010

L is for...

L is for Loco. I mean Locomotives. (But doesn’t Mateo look un poquito loco in this picture?! Funny guy.) Building on his love of trains, we broke out one of his favorite titles, I Saw an Ant on the Railroad Track, as well as a few Thomas the Tank Engine paperbacks. We added some architecture to our studies by building a Lincoln Log restaurant and a Lincoln Log saloon around the Lincoln Log train track for those hungry passengers arriving at the station. (Okay, maybe that counts more as motor skills development than architecture, but those buildings are NOT easy to make.)

L is also for Lions. We watched The Lion King. I wasn’t sure how that would go, what with the scary and sad parts, but Mateo was pretty tuned in to the movie and talked about some of the things he was feeling when he watched it. He ended up watching it repeatedly and particularly enjoyed ‘Hakuna Matata’. “It means no worries for the rest of your days; it's our problem-free philosophy…Hakuna Matata!”

No comments: